Curiositree: Natural World: A Visual Compendium of Wonders from Nature - Jacket unfolds into a huge wall poster!
The award-winning Curiositree: Natural World
explores, through 67 exquisitely illustrated charts, the myriad ways in which plants and animals have adapted to survive.
Discover the interconnectedness of the natural world and learn why living things look and behave the way they do in a series of visually compelling information charts, maps and cutaways, all illustrated in a nostalgic, vintage style.
Packed with incredible facts about the natural world and the animals that populate it, the whole family will enjoy the full-page spreads grouped into the categories of habitats, species and adaptations.
The jacket of this large-format book unfolds to a huge wall poster showing the brilliant adaptations of a range of birds. Use the coloured ribbons like a bookmark, or to mark your place so you can return to pages that you found especially interesting.
Celebrate the extraordinary resourcefulness and resilience of the natural world with amazing facts about:
- Habitats, ecosystems and biodiversity
- Migrations, from the wildebeest of Africa to the red crabs of Christmas Island
- All types of camouflage, from predator-dazing zebra stripes to the fur of the Artic fox, which changes to white in winter to match the snow
- Life in the rainforest, the 'lungs of our planet'
- All sorts of seeds and their variety of ingenious designs
- Life cycles of creatures, from butterflies to the curious axolotl (a type of salamander)
As the human species, Homo sapiens
, are challenged now to find ways to live and survive in harmony with nature, curiosity will provide the answers. So, set out on your own adventure in this book, and discover why the natural world is worthy of your unending curiosity.