Supersize Cross Sections: Inside Engines
Get ready for a journey like no other as you explore 15 of the most awesome supersize vehicle cross sections!
Blast into space on the Saturn V Rocket Launcher and learn all about how this amazing machine made it to the moon. Delve to the bottom of the ocean on a nuclear-powered submarine and explore the watertight compartments. Relax in style as you rumble across Europe in the luxurious Orient Express.
With bite-size captions and cutaway diagrams, each spread features a different and exciting machine, showing and telling its inside story. Discover what life on board these amazing vessels is like:
- Adventure Galley, a giant sailing ship captained by the famous pirate William Kidd
- The Orient Express, the luxury train that traveled all the way across Europe to the Orient
- RMS Titanic, the great passenger line that famously sank on its maiden voyage
- LZ 129 Hindenburg Zeppelin, the airship that was destroyed in a disastrous fire
- M4A4 Sherman tank, the American armored fighting vehicle used in WWII
- Saturn V rocket launcher, which transported satellites, probes and astronauts into space
- R.V. Calypso, the world-famous research vessel
- International Space Station, the giant space laboratory
- Fishing trawler, an enormous industrial fishing vessel
- Nuclear-powered attack submarine, a special military vessel
- Fire engine, with all the necessary equipment to get a fire under control
- Houseboat, a floating home
- Airbus A380, the longest, widest and heaviest airplane ever made
- Circus convoy, transporting everything from equipment to artists, from elephants to popcorn
- Tunnel boring machine, used to excavate tunnels
Fasten your seat belts and bon voyage!