Northern France & Paris Region - Michelin Green Guide: The Green Guide
The fully updated Green Guide Northern France and the Paris Region unlocks the secrets of the northern corner of France. Venture outside the Paris city center in all directions for fascinating day trips; explore quaint villages and towns dotted across scenic rolling hills and pastures; experience the rich culture of historic Lille, the capital of French Flanders. Michelin's famed star-rating system for attractions, clear maps, multiple driving and walking tours, color photos, plus recommendations for hotels and restaurants complete the picture for a great trip.
* 10th edition, updated, with full-color photos and plenty of details travelers look for.
* Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin's celebrated star-rating system. Visit the rose-scented streets of the beautiful two-star village of Gerberoy and its 18C timbered brick houses or the magnificent three star 13C Gothic cathedral of Chartres and its superb stained-glass windows; or stop at one-star Bavay and sample its famed mint candies.
* The Ile de France area unfolds through half- and full-day trips from Paris. Cruise the waterways, soak up the history and culture while strolling through Lille, or take a trip on meandering country roads to explore northern France. Travelers discover more through Michelin's walking and driving tours and excursions.
* Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; includes illustrations and floor plans.
* Introduction to the northern France region, covering culinary specialties, folklore, traditional sports and games, history, interior decoration, art, architecture and culture, and nature.
* Sidebars throughout the guide on such intriguing topics as stained glass in Gothic churches to coal mines in Nord-Pas-de-Calais.
* Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, including opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area/city maps.
* Includes suggested places to eat and stay for a variety of budgets.
* Travelers to Northern France and the Paris region looking for comprehensive, detailed travel information.
* Discerning travelers seeking unique, enriching travel experiences